Monday, February 18, 2013

Why We Do The Things We do

I believe many of us are looking for ways to live a more peaceful life. Trained as a Master Naturalist, I look to maintain the quality of our native ecosystems through training designed to help "read" the landscape. This includes understanding the underlying geology, specific inhabitant's (birds, plants, mammals, etc), ecology and the impact of humans on the landscape, including how we conserve our natural environment.

I enjoy taking people on quiet walks in nature, and encourage them to look around and notice all the natural beauty God has created. We notice animal tracks (footprints) so we know who lives there. We discuss the impact humans have on the environment, and some ideas on how they can be good stewards of the land.

This training has inspired me to learn ways to reduce my waste, recycle anything I can, make more of my own food, as well as other products in my home. It's better for me, the environment, and our earth as a whole. Every little change helps, they all add up. Several ways I am going about making these changes are through learning about sustainable living techniques, and permaculture (I will talk more about that on another blog).

Sustainable living is defined as a lifestyle that attempts to reduce an individual's use of the Earth's natural and personal resources. Sustainability has the potential for long-term health benefits as well as environmental, economic, and social advantages. 


I like sharing all that we are learning. Working together we can create a more peaceful and beautiful place for ourselves, our children, and generations to come. Please join me in this journey, as journeys taken together are always more enjoyable!



Water lily.  San Angelo, TX

No comments: