Friday, February 15, 2013

Homemade Dishwasher Soap

Dishwasher soap is basically the same as the laundry soap. it will be easy to make your own environmentally friendly, and inexpensive dishwasher detergent too. About a penny a load.

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

1) 1 cup Washing soda  (Arm & Hammer) 
2) 1 cup Borax
3) 1/2 cup food grade Citrus acid (fruit fresh or you could use a packet of unsweetened lemonade)
4) 1/2 cup Kosher salt 

Mix together and place in an air tight jar, like a mason jar or recycle your glass mayo jar, salsa, or pickle jars. For best results put vinegar in your rinse dispenser. 

Tomorrow is our soap making class in Waco! I can't wait until we can make our own bar soap, shampoo, dog soap, and gift soaps like pretty lavender, or refreshing spearmint. 

I want to make a "gardeners friend" soap. I love working in my garden without gloves, I know some people say you should always wear gloves but I like the feel of the cool earth between my fingers! But my hands sure get dirty and extra dry with all the hand washing. 

Cuticle cream is a must for me! When we went to the faire in November I got a good recipe for that...something else to blog about later.

I've been making my own dog & cat food...which reminds me suppers almost ready. More to follow...

No comments: