Friday, February 22, 2013

Basket Weaving 101

Wednesday was a perfect day for learning how to weave baskets in north central Texas. The weather was cold and rainy. The clouds were so unique...almost like the sea.


8 am 2/20/13 Fort Worth,TX







Psalms 46:10
"Be Still, 
and know that I am God"









We met at Adobe farms  (www.adobe-farm.com and www.adobefarm.wordpress.com )
in Weatherford to work with Angela. This was our first basket weaving class, and I was excited to learn a new skill! We started at 9:15 and worked until about 4:30 creating our first handmade baskets. As usual, Angela is a wonderful hostess and offered some homemade cheeses from the farm that she and her husband, Ken, had made. We enjoyed Camembert cheese and some lovely brie! 

Handmade baskets are beautiful and can be time consuming for the beginner, but that did not discourage us. I am sure with time I will improve on my time and ability. 


Weaving the bottom
Building up the sides
Not bad for my first attempt! That is what a  good teacher can do!
The finished product!
We will be making baskets and offering them on the website before you know it. Please keep a look out!

Saturday we are learning how to make homemade soft cheeses, and then the following Saturday will be hard cheese class. I love learning all these skills and look forward to sharing the adventure!

No comments: